1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1989 Dodge W100....Windshield Wiper Linkage repair question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 03:35 PM
hokietiger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1989 Dodge W100....Windshield Wiper Linkage repair question

Hey gang,

I have a 1989 Dodge W100 Power Ram...5.2L V8...Auto trans.

The BUSHINGS on the WINDSHIELD WIPER LINKAGE have dry rotted and fallen off, thus causing the linkage arms to become disassembled and non-functional.

I have the new bushings but was wondering if anybody out there has any tips/tricks/recommendations on installation of the new bushings ??....Any help is greatly appreciated !!

Mike

Old 12-23-2016, 01:40 PM
durec
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiper Arm Bushings

Don't know if this will help or not. I have an 88 D100 and replaced the wiper arm bushings last year. I had to remove the cowl grill cover. Once I did that, I could easily pop off the old, brittle bushings from the arms. I used a long pair of channel lock pliers to help me reach in the openings of the frame to reattach the new bushings. To help with installing the bushings, I used a little white lithium grease inside them. It's a pain to work through those narrow frame openings, but the right pliers make a world of difference.

Good luck

Quick Reply: 1989 Dodge W100....Windshield Wiper Linkage repair question