1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1990 Dodge Ram 2wd truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 12:52 AM
Crockett Cuthbertson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Dodge Ram 2wd truck

Hey there I am not a big time dodge or mechanic by no means but I was wanting to know I know where a 1990 dodge truck is for sale that has motor problems or water in the oil. I also own a 1993 or 1994 Dodge Ram van that the transmission went bad in the the motor is in great shape with very few miles. The truck has a 318 in and and I am pretty sure that the van has he newer 318 magnum motor in it. I was wondering if you could just take the motor out of the van and if it would bolt up straight up to the motor mounts in the truck or what would have to be done to make it work. Both vehicles have automatic transmissions and was just wanting to see if it would be something that would be easy to transfer over or what problems a person would have doing it. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-28-2017, 06:27 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Yes it will bolt in but you will need to change some things on the magnum since they are sequential multi port and the 90 has throttle body injection.