1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

81 dodge w150 flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 05:21 PM
Richard Dickey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 81 dodge w150 flywheel

Hello to all. I am doing an 318 swap to my np435 I have the correct factory bell housing. My question is will a 130 tooth flywheel work with the factory bell housing part number nfw 1204. Its a dual pattern flywheel that will accept a 10.5 or 11" clutch. I was told I needed a 143 tooth but I am unsure of that sense they are kind of hard to find. I thought I got a great deal on a new flywheel but it never said what tooth it was. Turns out its a 130 tooth. I know if I grind the ears off on each side of the bell housing I can use a 11" clutch. Not going to do that. I also know my crank has to be milled to accept the pilot bushing. The 318 is already at the machine shop getting that mod done. I'm just hoping I didn't waste 75 buck on a flywheel I can't use. Its for an internal balanced small block.

Last edited by Richard Dickey; 08-31-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Type- o