1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

abs on 1991 w150

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 02:45 PM
Sniper X
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs on 1991 w150

my 91 w150 has the dreaded pulsing I have heard is an abs problem on these trucks. what the hell causes this thing to pulse like the rotors are warped like a taco> I know the rotors are not warped. I hvae read many places poeple talking about this issue but no one has discussed the solution from the threads I have seen on it. On another note, I really really want to vastly upgrade my brakes so would like to know what you guys are using for front pads that have some bite over stock parts store crap.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:13 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

open glove box and push the part at the back down in the center and pull glove box out. then unplug the abs module. should solve the problem. once the system starts acting up it is junk and generally costs more to trouble shoot and fix than it is worth. the setup is junk

Old 12-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Sniper X
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
open glove box and push the part at the back down in the center and pull glove box out. then unplug the abs module. should solve the problem. once the system starts acting up it is junk and generally costs more to trouble shoot and fix than it is worth. the setup is junk
found it, man WHAT A DIFFERENCE, no more pulsing at all. thanks wolfie

Last edited by Sniper X; 12-25-2017 at 04:17 PM. Reason: WHAT A DIFFERENCE1
Old 12-25-2017, 10:57 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i dealt with the exact same issue on my 93 a year or 2 ago. stuff started acting up and i just unplugged it. i have never felt it work unless i was stomping on the brakes on an icy road at which point it was no good. i have never felt it while stomping on the brakes while on a wet road.

Quick Reply: abs on 1991 w150