1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fusible link HELP PLEASE PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Fun Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy fusible link HELP PLEASE PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!

Hello, I hope someone can help me with my issue. I have been rewiring a 1988 with a 5.2 that has been converted from a fuel injection to a carb. I am trying to clean up the harness and have removed the non essential wires with wire removal tools as to have no shorted wires or confusion in the future. I have all the new wiring in place and replaced any bad wires with completely new the whole length from another harness with good wires. MY issue is this: The fusible links in the main feed are confusing me because the colors since they are old and there is no writing on them to know what size to replace them with. Does anyone know the size as in 14 ga , 16 ga, etc, that i need to replace all the links. I want to keep the fusible link wiring but replace them with new ones. I have the factory service manual and its a little confusing to me. I am talking about the feed that comes from the battery that has the multiple wire connector that has 5 fusible links coming off it . I appreciate any help. Photos are greatly appreciated.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:23 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i am pretty sure they are usually color coordinated depending on what gauge they are.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:31 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 362 Likes on 340 Posts

Get a wire gauge and you will know what they are.
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: fusible link HELP PLEASE PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!