1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Instrument Cluster Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Cindij
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument Cluster Issues

I have a 1973 Dodge Adventurer 4x4 and I'm having problems figuring out why the fuel gauge reads full when the key is on the alternarltor gauge works the way it should but I can't get the oil pressure or temperature gauge to work. I've changed the oil sending unit and still doesn't work. The temperature gauge won't work either with all my efforts.any ideas why? I'm at a loss and frustrated please help.

Last edited by Cindij; 05-05-2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Miss worded
Old 05-05-2018, 09:30 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

have you tried grounding the wire that runs to the sensors? should max out the gauges if the wire is in good shape. if not you have to troubleshoot where your issue is. as far as the fuel gauge goes your best to disconnect the sending unit and see if the gauge drops. there is a chance the sending unit might be bad.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Cindij
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for such a late response. I have tried all the testing aspects of the gauges and came to the conclusion that the gauge cluster is bad. For the time being I'm installing a set of trio gauges to solve this problem until I find a new cluster.

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster Issues