1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Daniel62
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake ?

will this fit on my 84 D150 318 without having to change to much https://www.ebay.com/itm/EDELBROCK-P...S!-1:rk:6:pf:0
Thanks

Old 12-29-2018, 06:30 PM
Daniel62
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-29-2018, 08:22 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think it really depends on what you are doing to the engine and what carb you are putting on the engine. i wouldn't pay that much for a cast iron intake and not a big fan of that aluminum intake especially since they have blasted it. you will likely have to seal it up and it is still more likely to corrode again. if you want a 4bb intake but don't care if it is cast iron or not you should be able to find a stock 360 4bbl intake cheap. that 318 one may be expensive since factory 4bbl intakes for a 318 were not common where almost every 360 i have seen had a 4bbl on it.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:04 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 364 Likes on 342 Posts

Cast iron intake= boat anchor! Nothing wrong with blasted intakes as long as they didn't go ape s**t with it. Rule of thumb for intakes: Low to mid range power is a low rise/ duel plane intake. Upper rpm power range is single plane high rise.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:03 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

a blasted aluminum intake that has already had some corrosion damage? i really don't know if i would trust it. i would recommend looking around if you want a aluminum intake. you could probably find anther intake that is the same but hasn't been blasted or corrosion damage for about the same price. i know there is 2 edelbrock intake listed local to me that look in really good shape. 1 the guy is asking $150 and the other is $160. intakes for old engine are pretty easy and cheap to buy used since less people are messing with carbs. as far as intakes go tho i don't think it really makes a huge difference whether you use a boat anchor or aluminum intake. a truck won't notice a 30lb difference. if you start swapping out heads maybe it might be worth the weight savings but at the end of the day it is still just a truck.

Quick Reply: Intake ?