1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cab connection plug

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 04:32 PM
nonstop1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab connection plug

I have a 92 Dodge D150 w/ a 3.9 liter, V-6, w/ an automatic Tranny. I've had this truck for 8 years, and never had a problem with it til now.I've been working on this truck for almost 2 months now since I found out the ECM was at fault. I found 1 of 2 that fit it at a junk yard in North Carolina, waited 10 days for it to be delivered, and then put it in. Before this truck went Brain dead, It never sat in the driveway. After I put the used Brain in it, I ran a Diagnostics check on it again and found the fuel pump was still at fault, as it was only working when it wanted to. So, I replaced the Fuel pump, and am still not getting gas to the fuel injectors, now I have replaced both the fuel relays, and now I have 2 wires in the dash that are shorted out. My question today is, where can I find a wiring schematics for the Plug that is mounted to the Fire wall, to control everything in the Dash board. there is no markings that indicate what wire goes to anything, and I can't seem to find one anywhere. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please, don't hesitate in getting in touch. Me and my family are Homeless in the desert, and I really can't afford to replace this truck right now, as I have 30 days to find a new place to camp out and my time is getting very close. I can be reached here, or at james.ammons62@gmail.com, or by phone call or text @ 602-620-7315. All help is highly appreciated, and Thank-you in advance for any and all help in this matter.
Respectfully, James Ammons, Jr.
AKA. Nonstop1.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You need a factory servive manual, The others like Chiltons show you some things but not details like wire colors etc.. Below is what you will find it them. Does the pump prime when you first turn the key? You can run a wire from the battery positive and put it on the positive on the coil and the pump should run.
I have replaced both the fuel relays,
There is only one, The ASD relay it controls both ignition and fuel.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:17 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

here this is for a 93 but your truck is pretty much the same since it has the 3.9/ do you think you have a wiring issue in the cab? do you hear the pump prime when you turn the key on? if so you should be checking for spark if it won't run.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7J...ew?usp=sharing

Originally Posted by Moparite
There is only one, The ASD relay it controls both ignition and fuel.
there is actually a asd and fuel pump relay on the 92/93 vehicles.

Quick Reply: Cab connection plug