1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2wd suspension options

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 05:22 PM
LA6-250
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd suspension options

Do any of you fellow enthusiasts know if there is a coil over option that could (or will) replace the 5 inch wide springs that the 2wd dodges use?

It seems to me that if there was such a coilover out there that was the appropriate dimensions for the spring bucket and lower control arm, there would be room for better front end suspension.

I might be dreaming.

Old 10-24-2019, 09:26 PM
rebeltaz83
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was kinda wondering the same, but for lowering the front, without swapping in 1 ton van lower control arms. Like a shorter spring with a slightly stiffer load rating from a different vehicle, be it Ford, Chevy, BMW or what have you. Even a custom order spring, but I don't know of any custom order coil spring shops. Then we would need to know the stock spring rate, and then figure out how much stiffer the shorter spring would need to be for how ever much you want to lower it.

Last edited by rebeltaz83; 10-24-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 2wd suspension options