1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

In need of good intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 10:22 PM
Dustinyourshelf
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of good intake manifold

So I have a 1988 Dodge Ram d100 with the big block 318 in it and I am wanting to eventually make a stroker engine out of it and right now I am wanting to put a nice intake manifold on it like the edelbrock performer one but I can’t seem to find one for my engine if they didn’t make that intake manifold for the big blocks is there any others out there that work just as good or better... it has the throttle body but I want to put an edelbrock 650 4bbl on her.

Old 02-07-2020, 11:32 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think the bigger question is whether you want to keep the a/c? i believe if you want to keep the a/c it limits your options a lot. also it is a small block not a big block. they haven't put big blocks in these things since the 70's.

Old 02-07-2020, 11:34 PM
Dustinyourshelf
Amateur

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
i think the bigger question is whether you want to keep the a/c? i believe if you want to keep the a/c it limits your options a lot. also it is a small block not a big block. they haven't put big blocks in these things since the 70's.
I’m not the smartest person lol I have always been told that it was a big block so that’s just what I went with lol my bad and I would like the a/c but I do have windows for a reason so if it means I gotta get rid of it I will

Old 02-08-2020, 08:19 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

You have an LA motor, All kind of manufactures made intakes for these since the 60 /70's. Look for a used one on ebay. I have a power wagon with the same motor and the old V twin style AC compressor and went with a edelbrock torker single plane manifold. A duel plane may be better for a bone stock motor.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:39 PM
Dustinyourshelf
Amateur

thanks man I just found this one on eBay that is refurbished and it should work amazing for my application since I have done some research

rch

Quick Reply: In need of good intake manifold