1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lines for RWAL

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 03:52 PM
Sabbath
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lines for RWAL

Hello all, this is my first post on here. Bought an 89 dodge w100 project and im doing the brake lines on it. Its got one of those rwal modules on the rear drivers side frame rail. Wondering for to do the lines up into it. Saw a bunch of people bypass theirs and that just seems ridiculous to me. Thanks

Old 10-23-2018, 04:07 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

it is really up to you whether you bypass it or not. usually the abs system on these trucks were junk from the factory so it is no big loss even if you did bypass it. had the module on a buddies truck eventually fail so we were forced to bypass it. if there is no issues with the system and the abs light is staying off you can hook it up but like i said it is really up to you.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Sabbath
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i want to hook it up because it might as well be if its there. And who knows, maybe it will get bypassed eventually. My question really is where do the two lines get plumed off to? Im assuming it goes from the proportioning valve into one, and from the RWAL to the distribution block on the rear end, but which one is which?

Quick Reply: Lines for RWAL