1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Polye needs some electric love.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 02:27 PM
Polye86_RoyalSE
Rookie
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Polye needs some electric love.

So I’ll start a build thread later, but In the mean time a no brake light condition is keeping the truck parked. So far I’ve tested several places and the result is that I have power at the fuse box, but not at the brake light switch. However I believe it could be ground related, but can’t reach the upper parts of the dash harness without pulling more then I feel like at the moment.

Here are the fuse box and brake light switch that I have. I’ll take a clearer picture if we need it.​​​​​​​

Old 06-26-2020, 12:04 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

All of the lights except for the headlights come together and split off of the turn signal switch. If it ain't the brake light switch I'd look real hard at that. If you get another you can plug it in under the column without pulling the column apart to actually install it as a test. Also check the bulkhead connection for corrosion.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:17 PM
Polye86_RoyalSE
Rookie
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by volaredon
All of the lights except for the headlights come together and split off of the turn signal switch. If it ain't the brake light switch I'd look real hard at that. If you get another you can plug it in under the column without pulling the column apart to actually install it as a test. Also check the bulkhead connection for corrosion.
problem solved. There was a ground that had poor contact from corrosion behind the cluster. Don’t really know what it’s to or where all it goes but tightened it back down, plugged my switch back in and they work fine 🤷🏻‍♂️

theres also a handful of unused plugs in there, so I added the message center light and plugged it up. Needs a bulb but has power 😎

Quick Reply: Polye needs some electric love.