1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Vent Valve line routing

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 12:46 PM
chet000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Vent Valve line routing

Hello Members: 1990 D250 318 TBI Automatic. I dropped the fuel tank to change the pump. The metal lines were all rusty and fell apart and the vacuum lines also fell apart which is ok because I will replace it all anyhow. Question is, the vent valve has 2 nipples on it. A smaller one and a larger one. I can tell where the smaller line hooks up and goes but cannot tell where and what kind of line hooks to the bigger nipple because it all fell apart. The underhood vacuum diagram shows the smaller line comes up to the canister purge solenoid but just shows the bigger line goes to the fuel tank which makes no sense. Found the answer, those hood diagrams are not very easy to follow. the big nipple is apparently the atmosphere vent and only the small nipple is connected to the canister. Thanks

Last edited by chet000; 01-07-2021 at 04:32 PM. Reason: fix found

Quick Reply: Fuel Vent Valve line routing