1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 10:55 AM
Machomur
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Steering wheel question

What is the correct steering wheel for a 79 W150 Macho Power Wagon? I have a black, three spoke one but two of the spokes are cracked at the centre and I want to replace it. If anyone has one for sale let me know. Not interested in an aftermarket one.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:21 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

Depends on what it left the factory with. Mine actually had a GM tilt column in it. I found out years latter that Chrysler actually bought tilt column's from GM to install. Well no GM stuff is going to be in my ride so out it went and swapped it for a standard column. I would opt for the "tuff wheel" that was a factory option. Originals can be pricey in good condition but there are reproductions that are real close to the originals.
http://www.grantproducts.com/products/view/88/

Old 02-14-2022, 06:46 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Machomur
What is the correct steering wheel for a 79 W150 Macho Power Wagon? I have a black, three spoke one but two of the spokes are cracked at the centre and I want to replace it. If anyone has one for sale let me know. Not interested in an aftermarket one.

I've had a couple and they had the "Tuff" wheel. Three flat spokes and a pleated cover going down to the column.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel question