1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cab swap info

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 04:01 PM
Kohnkewfd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab swap info

Besides the hole for the manual shifter, is there any other issues with putting a 90 D manual cab, on an 90 auto W chassis?

Old 03-04-2022, 06:05 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Kohnkewfd
Besides the hole for the manual shifter, is there any other issues with putting a 90 D manual cab, on an 90 auto W chassis?

I can't think of any, as long as they are the same type cab. Not a regular and an extended cab. I believe the hole for the shifter is in a panel over the transmission that unbolts. It's been years, and many different trucks, since then so I could be wrong.

Old 03-08-2022, 09:49 AM
gabbyRose
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to see that happened ! never seen it before

Last edited by gabbyRose; 03-09-2022 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-08-2022, 12:04 PM
u2slow
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
I can't think of any, as long as they are the same type cab. Not a regular and an extended cab. I believe the hole for the shifter is in a panel over the transmission that unbolts. It's been years, and many different trucks, since then so I could be wrong.
The tunnel that unbolts is probably a 70's thing. On my 84-93 trucks it doesn't unbolt.

I'm also quite sure the std and club cabs will fit the same frame so long as the bed is shortened/deleted and the rear cab mount brackets are swapped over. (Have done a bunch of tape measuring for exactly this.)

Quick Reply: Cab swap info