1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1974 Dodge FSM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 07:32 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts
Default 1974 Dodge FSM?

I'm going to be looking at a '74 Dodge D500 later this week. Is there a factory service manual for smaller Dodge trucks on this site anywhere? The current owner lost the keys so he pulled the ignition switch. Then he found the keys and wants to reinstall the switch. Somewhere I have an older Haynes that might have the wiring diagram, but I haven't seen it in years so I'm not sure how long it will take to find it. The body and suspension is different on the medium to heavy trucks, but the mechanicals should be pretty much the same.

Old 06-20-2022, 01:26 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

haynes is more suited to being fire starter. a D500? That's like a 2 ton or 2-1/2 ton... not a "small" truck.

Old 06-20-2022, 08:57 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by volaredon
haynes is more suited to being fire starter. a D500? That's like a 2 ton or 2-1/2 ton... not a "small" truck.

Went and looked at it today. Haynes isn't my first choice for repair manuals, but they do have the specifications. They are better than Chiltons from the mid 1970's and up. Haynes also owns Chiltons now. The D500 is a 1 1/2 ton truck. It has a lot of promise but is rattle can John Deere green. The truck is definitely in restorable condition, but rougher than I anticipated.

He wants to trade for a pickup I'm tired of fooling with. Logistics of getting it home is a concern. It's about 50 miles, more or less. On the one hand, it would be handy. On the other, the "rust free" truck has some rotten doors and lot's of small parts missing. The mechanicals, like the engine and such are standard Dodge. I didn't bring everything needed to get it started since I didn't realize how rough it was.

Quick Reply: 1974 Dodge FSM?