1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

92 Dodge Headlight relay harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 05:01 PM
BM9NBA2
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 92 Dodge Headlight relay harness

Edit: Nevermind I plugged the same one into the passenger side harness and it's working I decided to remove the harness both the headlights are working with the factory feed. I wonder if a 20 amp fuse on each wire wasn't enough to power both headlights because I had power and proper ground everywhere either that or the harness is defective. Hey guys so I'm still getting the hang of the wiring as I put on a new negative terminal to support the grounds that I now re-routed to the buss bar on my fuse block. So I have my headlight switch at a 60 amp fuse as required per the fusible link diagram for my 92 Cummins. I installed some headlight relays to help the switch and I didn't want to keep the 2 wires at the positive on my fuse block I installed in the engine bay or the positive on the battery. I put each relay positive wire(high beam and low beam) on a 20 amp fuse so each wire has its own fuse. Now my driver side bulb isn't working, but my passenger is fine I installed LED headlights last year. I hadn't checked to see before I switched them over to a fuse if they were both working. Do the relays need to be at the positive? Really liked these headlights so sucks the one bulb blew I checked the leads on the harness going to the driver side headlight from the relay and all was good with my test light.

Last edited by BM9NBA2; 08-29-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Quick Reply: 92 Dodge Headlight relay harness