1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel tank.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 12:47 AM
shanec706
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel tank.

Does anyone know where I can get a new fuel tank for my 83 D350? Or if you can plastic weld the current tank? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-02-2023, 08:13 AM
Machomur
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think a wrecker might be your only source for a tank. There’s wrecker in Thunder Bay, Ontario that has an old Dodge truck. I think they’re called Thunder Bay Auto Parts. Maybe the tank is still on that truck. There’s not many of these old vehicles around any more. I’ve been looking for seatbelts and most yards have crushed all of these golden oldies.

Old 04-02-2023, 03:14 PM
u2slow
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

www.car-part.com if you haven't tried.

Tanks up thru 93 will physically fit, but use a different sender. I have found many more diesel tanks because of all the people doing Cummins swaps and selling/scrapping the leftover dodge parts.

Ford pickups thru the 80s/90s have dimensionally similar frames and tanks, and could possibly be retrofitted.

Quick Reply: Fuel tank.