1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

93 Ram Rodent Damage

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2024, 11:34 PM
Ric_D150
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Ram Rodent Damage

I've got my hands on a real basket case of a 1993 D150 2wd single cab with the 360 magnum. Short story is it was the last new truck my Grandpa bought before he passed and its been in the weeds for 17 years. I'm now attempting to get it back on all fours, but the rodents have really done a number on it. The engine bay was a literal rats nest so I'll just give a quick rundown of the damage. Engine wiring harness is badly damaged, throttle body has been corroded/seized, intake manifold has holes corroded through, fuel rail is missing the crossover line and the injectors could pass for something out of the Titanic. The body is solid and the frame doesn't have any signs of damage. There's probably more issues i haven't found yet but I figure if I can't get the engine running again then the rest doesn't matter. My ideas are to splice the harness back together and hunt for new/used fuel system parts, carb swap or douse it in gasoline and burn the truck down.

I'm looking for advice on which direction to go in. With the electrical already in such a mess is carb swapping even worth it or would you try to repair the damage to the MPI and Intake?

Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I would see if you can get a used engine harness rather that splicing wires. You probably can get a used throttle body and any other things you may need also. Hit the local yards or search on car part. Throttle body's and intakes are not hard to find.

Quick Reply: 93 Ram Rodent Damage