1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help, might be getting 1st gen CTD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 12:05 AM
ryan10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help, might be getting 1st gen CTD!!!

I am new here, and i am 16. I found a 1st gen CTD, and i might be buying it. it is a 91, with the intercooler, 5 speed, 2wd. The truck has in the 300,000 mile range, but started up and ran fine. It also has a new injector pump, HO injectors, radiator intercooler, and a few other goodies. The truck starts right up, and runs great. The only problems it has is that he said if you put it in low, 1st and you gun it a few times the transmission will pop out of gear, but all other gears are fine. The Only thing that has me worried is the roof has a small rust hole in it, about 3" by 3", and where the roof meets the windshield is rusting a little. Are these common problems, how hard is it to fix? I can get the truck for 2,000. Would you say this is worth it, or no?

Old 10-31-2006, 11:35 PM
dodgedakotacrazy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help, might be getting 1st gen CTD!!!

Congrats...those 5spds don't like the Tq of the CTDs. i have a 92 with 191 miles and it has a reman in it. i'd get the truck if i was you. you can get another cab off any older truck.. i paid 2900 for mine and it has rust on the rockers and the floors are rusted out...they are fun to drive also...i've gotten a 4th gear scratch out of it..also i don't recommend doing it....like i said the trannies don't like the tq....