1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

transmition shifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006 | 09:23 PM
Ryan99Ram
Default transmition shifting

I have a 91 dodge ram with a 318 and auto trans with overdrive. My problem is the truck is not shifting correctly I have only had this truck for about a month but when I got it it would shift from 1st to 2nd at about 2500 rpms then to 3rd and finally overdrive so once I hit about 35 I was in overdrive and it didn't matter how hard I was pushing on the accelorator I could barely push it or floor it and it would still shift at the same points. also once past that 35 mark I could floor it and it would not down shift so I ajusted the kick down lever and now the truck will down shift when I floor it but its still shifting out of 1st gear way to soon about 2500 are there any other ajustments or has anyone else had this problem? the trans does not slip or any thing like that just shifting to soon. Oh this is a 4x4 if anyone is interested in that with 109,000

Quick Reply: transmition shifting