1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rear axles anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:34 PM
tx_marez
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear axles anybody?

I'm getting a 198X (not sure of the exact year just yet) Dodge Power Ram 'Prospector', and I was wondering what the origional rear axle is supposed to be. I've been told Dana 60 and 70, Posi Trac/Loc (which I HIGHLY doubt, but I could be wrong though), Chrysler 9.25" SF, and then the most obvious to me the Corporate 9.25" SF, seeings how the Corporate is on the same year span as the Ram Charger's.

But if anybody could help me out an let me know for sure, I'll be of many thanks in helping me get this truck figured out before I put it on the street or the trails. .

And btw to those wondering what my problem is, the old man that had the truck before my boss did put a Ford 9" under it an ****ed something up with the pinion shaft, thats just as far as my boss knows though. I'll find out for sure what it is and whats wrong with it and may POSSIBLY just keep the 9", or even maybe a Corporate 14 bolt and clean the 9" up an post it on Ebay.

Quick Reply: rear axles anybody?