2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

New O8' Avenger

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
mkaresh
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New O8' Avenger

The only thing I'd pay attention to before taking delivery of the AWD is whether the steering and suspension works for you. I drove the FWD R/T and liked the steering and handling pretty well, definitely didn't feel like a rental. But for the AWD they're not using the tighter steering and sport suspension of the FWD R/T, no idea why.

I'm not saying the results will be bad, just that you should be aware of this difference.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Barry626
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

The only thing I'd pay attention to before taking delivery of the AWD is whether the steering and suspension works for you. I drove the FWD R/T and liked the steering and handling pretty well, definitely didn't feel like a rental. But for the AWD they're not using the tighter steering and sport suspension of the FWD R/T, no idea why.

I'm not saying the results will be bad, just that you should be aware of this difference.
May I ask where your getting your info from?
I just saw & read where u got info from.
I can assure you that they are misinformed.

All press release info from Dodge states the following...

Available all-wheel-drive, sport suspension and performance steering accentuate Avenger’s on-road attitude

Old 04-24-2007, 12:58 AM
mkaresh
Banned

The brochure. "Firm feel" steering and "sport" suspension are only checked off for the regular R/T. The AWD gets the "touring" suspension and the regular steering.

The release you cite implied the features would all be available on the same car, when this does not appear to actually be the case. They are all available on the Avenger, just not all on the same Avenger.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Barry626
Rookie

The brochure. "Firm feel" steering and "sport" suspension are only checked off for the regular R/T. The AWD gets the "touring" suspension and the regular steering.

The release you cite implied the features would all be available on the same car, when this does not appear to actually be the case. They are all available on the Avenger, just not all on the same Avenger.
I actually hope your correct?
After owning my 07 BMW tired of the Sport suspension.
Every time I hit a pot hole my fillings are about to fall out.
Then again most likely the stupid runflats?
I much rather a softer ride! after all I don't consider a Avenger a Sports car anyway!

Old 04-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Barry626
Rookie

[quote]ORIGINAL: Barry626

I see what your talking about & glad u pointed this out to me.
I will be taking yoiur advice when my car comes in.
I plan to take it for nice long ride before I sign any papers!

Good thing is I see it has the ESP "Electronic Stability Program".
Which is number one thing I expect in a car & never will buy one without it!

Old 04-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Barry626
Rookie

[quote]ORIGINAL: Barry626

ORIGINAL: Barry626

I see what your talking about & glad u pointed this out to me.
I will be taking your advice when my car comes in.
I plan to take it for nice long ride before I sign any papers!

Good thing is I see it has the ESP "Electronic Stability Program".
Which is number one thing I expect in a car & never will buy one without it!

Quick Reply: New O8' Avenger