2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Alarm arming honks horn 1st keyfob push?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:47 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Alarm arming honks horn 1st keyfob push?

As a side thought, Try getting in the car, turning the key to the on position, turning it off, then trying the key fob combination again.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Rob1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, will try that and let you know if it worked or not. I will take it back to the dealer. I am sure there are a couple of other things I will come up with, only had it for 3 days.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Rob1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a side thought, Try getting in the car, turning the key to the on position, turning it off, then trying the key fob combination again. [align=right]
[/align]
I tried this, but didn't seem to work. Looking at the instructions in the manual and the one you posted, does this programming have to be done while sitting in the car? I ask this because of instruction #3.

3. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle, by
pressing the LOCK button on the transmitter with the
ignition in the LOCK position, and the key removed.

I was trying to program this while outside all the time, not sure if it makes a difference or not.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:27 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope.. It shouldn't matter either way.. I just thought that cycling the ignition might help which needs to be done in the car.. but you can cycle the ignition, step out of the car and try it. But you should be able to test it inside the car as well.. plus its more comfy in there and no one will hear you cursing all over the place when it doesnt work

Also, maybe try making sure the alarm is armed when you try it may help. (I'm digging for dirt here) lol

I'm suprised you're having so many problems getting this to work.. I'm really curious whats going wrong.

I would tell you to try disconnecting the battery to reset the computer but the car usually acts all funky for over 20 minutes when you unplug the battery so I don't think I would recommend that... Scared the crap out of me when I disconnected my battery.. thought I killed the car..

Quick Reply: Alarm arming honks horn 1st keyfob push?