2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

cold air intake....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008 | 04:16 PM
yuroko
Default cold air intake....

im trying to find a wensite that sells a cold air intake for the dodge avenger se, does anyone know of anything other then ebay

Old 01-28-2008 | 09:32 PM
SueK
Professional
Default RE: cold air intake....

ORIGINAL: yuroko

im trying to find a wensite that sells a cold air intake for the dodge avenger se, does anyone know of anything other then ebay
I did see one on ebay a while back,But I can't say if it's good or not. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...spagenameZWDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 01-28-2008 | 09:44 PM
needforsleep
Rookie

If you end up buying one of these just make sure when it's warm out that you have some type of heat shielding blocking all the engine heat from entering the CAI. If you don't then when it's really warm out you'll actually notice a drop in performance. Good kits will come with some type of heat shielding.

If you find one that dumps the filter down low by the fog lights then just make sure you don't drive through any large amounts of standing water.

Old 01-29-2008 | 11:15 AM
SueK
Professional

ORIGINAL: needforsleep

If you end up buying one of these just make sure when it's warm out that you have some type of heat shielding blocking all the engine heat from entering the CAI. If you don't then when it's really warm out you'll actually notice a drop in performance. Good kits will come with some type of heat shielding.

If you find one that dumps the filter down low by the fog lights then just make sure you don't drive through any large amounts of standing water.
Great advice. Thank you.

Old 02-03-2008 | 11:00 PM
futil
Veteran

Sorry I just have to tell this story..

My friend at workhad a HondaCivic with a cold air intake that pointed downwards.. We had a really nasty rain fall and the street leading up to my job was flooded.. He decided to drive through the flooded street and the intake sucked up a crap load of water and since he was accelerating, he seized his engine and had to get it towed and ended up buying a new car due to the seized engine.. Just wanted to put that out there to avoid flooded roads with a cold air intake as the removal of a stock air box removes the baffles and water drainage basically turning your car into a wet/dry shop vacuum.. and I don't want to see this happen to anyone else cause that sucks hardcore..

Old 05-01-2008 | 02:41 PM
blackR/T

Im new on this forum and i have an answer for you. Ebay ones are garbage, you'll here that no name filters make no difference but the filtration on them are terrible, get a k&n or an aem with a heat shield ( http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...294966818+6842 ). The only part that causes trouble is the airflow sensor in the box, you can cut it out and mount it in your new tubing or you can over ride it with and obd reader. You will also need to create a plug for the airbox vaccum hose.

Old 05-08-2008 | 09:59 PM
zeeman

Actually I will stick up for one ebay guy, Prozen Motorsports. I helped him w/ the 3.5 intake and the 2.4 works as well, and another guy is working with him onone for the 2.7- all are short rams. No one has developed a cai yet (unless its homemade), although weapon-r will be the first in the next couple months as we were able to get them a 2.4L to use.

Old 05-08-2008 | 10:09 PM
SueK
Professional

Don't you EVER stay in one place? Geeezzzzzzz lol

Old 05-08-2008 | 10:55 PM
zeeman

ORIGINAL: SueK

Don't you EVER stay in one place? Geeezzzzzzz lol
LOL Heck no, I am on like 20 forums LOL

Old 05-11-2008 | 11:09 PM
mspac

I have seen his on ebay and they look real nice. I have emailed him a few questions and have gotten great responces and emails. My only question is his does not have the shiled like the k&n systems to block the hot air. Has any ones used the prozone intake on a 3.5 if so id love the feed back so i can decide weather to buy it or not.
His feedback is great and his customers seem happy I just couldnt find any that purchased the one for the avenger with the 3.5.
Thanks

Quick Reply: cold air intake....