2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG RER radio wiring (for IPOD)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Brokay2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG RER radio wiring (for IPOD)

I'll have to dig into it and see. I'll post back later what I find.

Thanks for the help

ORIGINAL: milous

ORIGINAL: Brokay2
I have that one also but I see no place for it to connect.
Is there a harness bundled to the left of the glovebox (outside of the glovebox)? Maybe you have to roll-down the glovebox to access the connector and feed it into the glovebox...

Old 03-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Brokay2

Well after alot of digging I was still unable to find a connectorfor the ipod cable. Now my question is, does anybody actually have a glowbox connector for their ipod?

Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 AM
jaybee

Hello, I have 2008 REW radio, an European version of RER. It is supposed to have uconnect integrated. I have got a ....63 cable. It has square connector and is supposed to be connected to uconnect module under dash on right side of the glove box. Of course there is no device at that place in my car. So i tried to connect it directly to radio (to square connector in middle). It fits, but neither uconnect nor iPod worked. So now I am waiting for 3rd party solution - peripheral CHYP device (well, they claim it will not work either, but I dont give up - if it emulates VES system then it sould work!)

Old 03-29-2008, 04:19 PM
milous
Rookie

ORIGINAL: jaybee

Hello, I have 2008 REW radio, an European version of RER. It is supposed to have uconnect integrated. I have got a ....63 cable. It has square connector and is supposed to be connected to uconnect module under dash on right side of the glove box. Of course there is no device at that place in my car. So i tried to connect it directly to radio (to square connector in middle). It fits, but neither uconnect nor iPod worked. So now I am waiting for 3rd party solution - peripheral CHYP device (well, they claim it will not work either, but I dont give up - if it emulates VES system then it sould work!)
The "...63" cable is for vehicles with the Mopar UConnect, the "...87" cable for vehicles that came with factory UConnect.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:37 PM
jaybee

"Part # 82210787AB[/b] - For use on models equipped with factory UConnect and 4th generation radios (RES, REQ and REN). Currently NOT compatible with RER MyGIG navigation radios."

"Part # 82211263AB - For use on models equipped with Mopar accessory UConnect and 4th generation RES, REQ and REN radios. Currently NOT compatible with RER MyGIG navigation radios"

WOW. How to connect iPod to RER Radio then? :-)

Old 03-29-2008, 05:07 PM
milous
Rookie

ORIGINAL: jaybee

"Part # 82210787AB[/b] - For use on models equipped with factory UConnect and 4th generation radios (RES, REQ and REN). Currently NOT compatible with RER MyGIG navigation radios."

"Part # 82211263AB - For use on models equipped with Mopar accessory UConnect and 4th generation RES, REQ and REN radios. Currently NOT compatible with RER MyGIG navigation radios"

WOW. How to connect iPod to RER Radio then? :-)
I know that the 2009RER production radios willcorrect the issue, but don't know yet about a retro-fix for existing models. Supposedly there is a solution in the works from Mopar...

Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 PM
mspac

Lots of usefull info thanks but now has me worried [&o]I have a 2008 with the (rer radio) (Pretty sure thats the correct term)touch screen, navigation,dvd, mygig uconnect ect...with the boston accustics set up. What is the proper cable to order for the ipodI think I may have ordered the wrong one. Also is there infact a harness to plug that cable into behind the glove box? I want to thank all of you for the info on the back of the radio That is letting me set up head rest monitors on two new head rests I ordered.
Thanks Mike

Old 04-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Brokay

Part # 82210787AB[/b] - For use on models equipped with factory UConnect and 4th generation radios (RES, REQ and REN). Currently NOT compatible with RER MyGIG navigation radios."

I have purchased both of these cables and have not found any way of hooking them up. I have a REQ radio with factory u connect and there is no hook up in the glove box for an ipod.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:18 PM
docmetal

I have a 2008 Durango SLT Plus. The radio is REN. I have U-connect and Sirius but no Navigation. I do not have a place to plug the Ipod interface cables in my glove compartment. I do have the telematics module (U-connect) which I located on the right side of the vehicle above the amp. The module's port for the Ipod connection is empty. The 82211263 cable fits but does not charge the Ipod or send a message to the radio that the Ipod is there to use as an auxiliary item. So as expected, this must only for be for Mopar Uconnect modules and in fact does not work with the factory installed module. I also have the 82210787AB cable which is about 12 inches long and has a wider end on it so it cannot plug directly into the Uconnect module. I believe this is in fact the correct piece but it is obvious that there is another cable that must travel from the module to the glove compartment to allow for this to plug in.

In trying to verify this and try to figure out a part number for the missing cable, I went to my dealership of choice and since I have a good friend there as the sales manager, he allowed me to remove some glove compartments and shine some lights under some dashes. I checked just about everything on the lot including an Aspen, 300c, Ram, GC Laredo, Journey, Nitro. I found the glove compartment plugs in place in only the GC Laredo and the Journey. Both had REQ radios. Also, both had 82210787AB cables included in vehicle! I was able to locate the uconnect module in the Ram which was also an REN radio and it had an empty port on the module just like my Durango. The others had uconnect installed but I could not locate the modules on the right side so they must be elsewhere and they did not have interface cords in glove compartment anyway so I assume they have empty uconnect module ports as well.

So I concluded that there is a good chance that the otherwise elusive module-to-glove-compartment cables present in the GC Laredo and Journey would likely work with the REN radio. Why they are not included, I don not know. My plan was to remove one and test it but neither has an accessible uconnect module behind a removed glove compartment so I was unable to do that. The Journey went for a test drive and the GC Laredo was sold and about to be delivered...another is on its way so I might get a chance to pop the radio out and remove the cable for testing! Unfortunately I could not identify a part number on this cord so I am not sure if I will be able to order it come Monday.

I did take my 80 gB Ipod and test it in the journey with the REQ stereo and glove compartment plug in and it was recognized instantly and worked perfectly with radio controls.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:49 AM
milous
Rookie

ORIGINAL: docmetal
I have a 2008 Durango SLT Plus. The radio is REN. I have U-connect and Sirius but no Navigation. I do not have a place to plug the Ipod interface cables in my glove compartment. I do have the telematics module (U-connect) which I located on the right side of the vehicle above the amp. The module's port for the Ipod connection is empty. The 82211263 cable fits but does not charge the Ipod or send a message to the radio that the Ipod is there to use as an auxiliary item. So as expected, this must only for be for Mopar Uconnect modules and in fact does not work with the factory installed module. I also have the 82210787AB cable which is about 12 inches long and has a wider end on it so it cannot plug directly into the Uconnect module. I believe this is in fact the correct piece but it is obvious that there is another cable that must travel from the module to the glove compartment to allow for this to plug in.
The 82210787AB cable is only spec'd for 2008 models of the Avenger, Commander, Grand Cherokee, Sebring, 300, Magnum, Charger, and the 2009 Journey.

Per the 82210787AB cable that you found in the GC Laredo and Journey, were they installed, or uninstalled andpackaged with the vehicle manuals etc.?

Quick Reply: MyGIG RER radio wiring (for IPOD)