2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Mygig quit working

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM
jonw440
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig quit working

My Wife called and said there is no volume on the radio after she switched to FM from SAT.
When she came home I went to look at it and nothing works with volume.
We tried the **** and the controls behind the steering wheel.
Also the uconnect seems to work fine with voice prompts, but the audio is all messed up.
Its going back to the dealer as soon as we can make an appointment.
Was just wondering if anyone else had this issue and if so what the fix was.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:42 PM
pbearfin
Default RE: Mygig quit working

I have had lots of problems with the Mygig system but all of them went away after a reboot. I had exactly the same issue you had and also had one where the audio parts of the system was stuck on the SAT 148 channel and the video part worked normally. Even shutting the system off I would still hear that channel even though the display stated the system was off.

Have you updated the software? and have you tried disconecting the Batt for some time?

Old 03-29-2008, 02:56 PM
TedEbear
Rookie
Default RE: Mygig quit working

ORIGINAL: jonw440

My Wife called and said there is no volume on the radio after she switched to FM from SAT.
Was just wondering if anyone else had this issue and if so what the fix was.
See if this helps:

[align=left]SUBJECT:[/align][align=left]Flash: Radio - Sound Mutes Intermittently When Radio Is In SAT (Sirius) Mode[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]OVERVIEW:[/align][align=left]This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Radio with new software.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]MODELS:[/align][align=left]2008 (HB) Durango
2008 (HG) Aspen
2008 (JK) Wrangler
2008 (JS) Sebring/Avenger
2009 (JC) Journey
2008 (KA) Nitro
2008 (KK) Liberty
2008 (LX) 300/Magnum/Charger
2008 (ND) Dakota
2008 (WK) Grand Cherokee
2008 (XK) Commander[/align]
[align=left][/align][align=left]NOTE: This bulletin applies to the above listed vehicles equipped with a AM/FM 6
Disc DVD MP3 radio and Sirius Satellite Radio (sales code REQ with RSC)
built before the following dates:[/align]
[align=left][/align][align=left]ยท HB/HG > December 15, 2007 (MDH 1215XX)[/align]
ยท JK >>>> December 15, 2007 (MDH 1215XX)

ยท JS >>>> December 15, 2007 (MDH 1215XX)

[align=left]NUMBER: [/align][align=left]08-008-08[/align][align=left]GROUP: [/align][align=left]Electrical[/align][align=left]DATE: [/align][align=left]March 6, 2008[/align][align=left]ยท KA >>>> December 15, 2007 (MDH 1215XX)[/align]
ยท KK >>>> December 15, 2007 (MDH 1215XX)
[align=left]ยท LX >>>> December 15, 2007 (MDH 1215XX)[/align]
ยท ND >>>> November 20, 2007 (MDH 1120XX)
[align=left]ยท WK/XK >>>> January 4, 2008 (MDH 0104XX)[/align]
ยท JC >>>> January 11, 2008 (MDH 0111XX)

[align=left]SYMPTOM/CONDITION:[/align][align=left]This condition may occur when the radio is in the SAT mode during power-up, the
artist/song title is being displayed before audio is present and A or B below occurs:[/align]
[align=left][/align][align=left]a. The on/off **** is pressed to turn the radio off.[/align][align=left]b. A mode change (button press) occurs.[/align][align=left]
After one of the above condition occurs and the mode is changed back to SAT; the display
will be in SAT mode, with no AUDIO and the volume control will be inoperative. If the
customer presses seek up/down or cycles the ignition key then the sound will be enabled.
[/align]

Quick Reply: Mygig quit working