2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Fiberglass Woofer Box

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 02:24 PM
JBattley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglass Woofer Box

Building a woofer box... Or thinking of it anyways

Anyone have tips for trunk position that would allow it to be removed easily? Never done this before at all, but if I do a long trip I would love to have a box I can easily detatch to regain trunk space..

Old 04-06-2008, 02:16 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fiberglass Woofer Box

I have my box firing towards the rear of the trunk and it is nearly up against the back of the rear seat..

I realize this doesn't allow for easy removal unless you make the box small enough to be pulled inside the car through the trunk.. but I have tried otherpositions such as close to the back of the trunk and firing backthen tried firingforward andin its current location firing forward,but the best sound I could achieve was in its current position and with the subs pointing towards the back of the trunk.

I have a ported box now but thought I would be able to get better/tighter sound with a sealed box.. It was tighter but wasn't anywhere as loud as what it was in the ported box. I knowthat sealed boxes require more power to achieve higher levels of bass but even as I pushed my amp to capacity it still wasn't as loud as the sealed at WAY lower volumes..I had my amp at 1/4 power with the ported box and it was way louder than 100% power with thesealed.

So I put the sealed box back in and will just forget the idea of wanting tighter bass because I would rather have the car pounding and shaking than clear and thumpy.. Anyone want a sealed 10" dual sub box?

Removal wise, as long as you're not going to build a box that follows the contours of yourtrunk, You can just slide the boxto the back of the trunk and take it out.. If you're goingto build a crazy custom box I would keep it towards the back of the trunk foreasy removal. I once built a custom 4 sub 10" box "in"my car.. It looked awesome but since I built it inside the trunk and wanted it following the contours of the trunk the box was not removable and the only way to get it out was to smash it up with a hammer or cut it in half.. I wound up cutting it in half when I sold the car..

Quick Reply: Fiberglass Woofer Box