2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Change Oil

Old 07-17-2008, 09:30 PM
LUCKY_DOG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change Oil

I started the car up after running to the drug store and it displayed a "change oil" message on the dash. the car has 2532 miles on it and had the oil changed by the dealerat 1400 due to the oil filter leaking. is this something i can ignore or is it something that must be done asap.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 AM
RobertR
Default RE: Change Oil

In your owners manual it will tell you how to reset the reminder. Turn key to the run position without starting the car, push the gas pedal to the floor and hold for 10 seconds repeat a total of 3 times. This will clear the warning chime and display in the EVIC.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:51 PM
DESIREESAVENGER
Rookie

There is no DC. It's just C. If you have a premium cluster you can change the service interval.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 PM
rapidnet_rick

ORIGINAL: DESIREESAVENGER

There is no DC. It's just C. If you have a premium cluster you can change the service interval.
I have the premium display....How do you change the service interval? I didn't even know it would advise when to change oil! I asked at the dealership...Would you bedlieve they didn't know either?

What does "There is no DC, it's just "C" mean?

Thx

Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 AM
RobertR

I own a 2008 Sebring, equiped with EVIC this is a Limited hard top convertible with every available option, and I cannot change the miles between oil changes. Quote from owners manual below........
"......indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate dependent upon your personal driving style."
I also own a 2007 300C which the EVIC allows the operator to change the miles between oil changes. But I don't beleive our cars...Sebring or Avenger have this feature. If they do could someone post instructions on how to change this??

Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 AM
rapidnet_rick

So does the Sebring/Avenger dispaly a message in the EVIC, or just a dummy light?

I did ask the dealership and didn't get an answer...

Old 08-05-2008, 03:56 AM
RobertR

When the system has determined to inform. The EVIC display will show, OIL CHANGE and when you start the vehicle each time this message stays in the display for 10 seconds. Also a audible tone sounds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Change Oil