2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 03:21 PM
mrrbby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels

I have a 2008 Avenger Sxt w/four wheel disc and 18" wheels. I'm looking to purchase a winter tire/wheel package. What I need to know is, what's the smallest rim size I can fit and clear the calipers? I know that the sxt comes w/17's, 18's w/four wheel disc, but are they necessary to clear? If 16's fit, I'll have quite a few more tires to choose from. The dealer couldn't tell me, and I don't have a 16" wheel to try on. Does anyone know? If not, will 17's clear the rear disc brakes?

The reason that I'm asking is the dealer told me my old Sebring convertible required 16's, and I was able to bolt on a set of old Dodge Daytona 15's, with plenty of clearance for the brakes and suspension. So, has anyone fit 16's on the four wheel disc cars?

Old 10-11-2008, 04:25 PM
mrrbby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wheels and tires have arrived. I just bolted them on to test the fit, and they clear on both ends. 16" inch rims w/stock size tires. The SE wheels will fit on the SXT models w/four wheel disc. If you don't care about looks, this will save you some cash when it comes to winter tire/wheel combos.

Quick Reply: Wheels