2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

130S/RES new radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Kiefdaddy89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, well im going to take your word for it and go ahead and order that USB Cord then and have them install it for me. Do you think you can give me the right part number for the cord your talking about then? I know you gave me one up above but i just want to make sure im going to get the one your talking about right now and ill send that to him to have him order it for me then.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Kiefdaddy89; 05-01-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KD, the PN for the iPod / USB cable is 82212160. It will have a mini USB on 1 end and a female USB at the other end. It will also have a rubber grommet between the 2 ends and look similar to the cable pictured below.

Originally Posted by Kiefdaddy89
Alright, well im going to take your word for it and go ahead and order that USB Cord then and have them install it for me. Do you think you can give me the right part number for the cord your talking about then? I know you gave me one up above but i just want to make sure im going to get the one your talking about right now and ill send that to him to have him order it for me then.

Thanks again!

Last edited by xsdbs; 08-09-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Kiefdaddy89

Alright sounds good, and your sure there are no other versions of this cable? What i mean by that is like theres no like "Cable B" out there that "Cable A" wont do lol. Sorry im just trying to cover my bases.

And your sure that youll be able to voice command it...?

*EDIT*
Its just wierd because the radio doesnt say anyhting about a USB input through the voice command menus...UNLESS....it goes through the AUX command and thats why it doesnt need any "re-programming."

Last edited by Kiefdaddy89; 05-01-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:58 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Hello KD,
Sorry about just getting back to you. Been having kidney stone issues.
Anyway, yes you definitely will have voice commands with the iPod connected as well you will also have VR commands when using a thumb drive. It may take a few minutes to prepare the voice menu depending on how much content you have on the device.
The PN for the cable is the only one available for your system. In 2010, there were a couple different options on the cable, as of 2011, there is only (1).
To get to the menu for USB, press the VR button and say "main menu", there you will hear USB as an option.

Alright sounds good, and your sure there are no other versions of this cable? What i mean by that is like theres no like "Cable B" out there that "Cable A" wont do lol. Sorry im just trying to cover my bases.

And your sure that youll be able to voice command it...?

*EDIT*
Its just wierd because the radio doesnt say anyhting about a USB input through the voice command menus...UNLESS....it goes through the AUX command and thats why it doesnt need any "re-programming."

Old 05-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Kiefdaddy89

Alright dude, Thanks again, im going to email him right away so he can get that stuff ASAP for me. Ill keep in touch then.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Kiefdaddy89

Ugh im stupid, i pushed the VR button and sure enough, the USB option was there after i said "Main Menu." But, since theres no USB output, when i say USB, it just goes back to my radio. Im sure once the cable is installed and somehting is actually hooked up to it, it will provide me with more options inside the USB menu.
Originally Posted by xsdbs
Hello KD,
Sorry about just getting back to you. Been having kidney stone issues.
Anyway, yes you definitely will have voice commands with the iPod connected as well you will also have VR commands when using a thumb drive. It may take a few minutes to prepare the voice menu depending on how much content you have on the device.
The PN for the cable is the only one available for your system. In 2010, there were a couple different options on the cable, as of 2011, there is only (1).
To get to the menu for USB, press the VR button and say "main menu", there you will hear USB as an option.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
xsdbs
Captain

KD, you're correct. There is nothing there for it to work with yet. Now as I mentioned, when you do hook up an iPod or thumb drive. Uconnect will read it and then start playing, in the background it is putting all the data in order. So if you press the VR button right after it starts playing, Uconnect will respond with "preparing voice menu". Depending on how much content you have this could take several minutes. But this won't happen each time you get into the vehicle. It will read, start play and voice menu will also be ready.
The only time it will need to prepare the voice menu is when you change out devices. EX: from iPod to thumb drive and back to iPod.

Ugh im stupid, i pushed the VR button and sure enough, the USB option was there after i said "Main Menu." But, since theres no USB output, when i say USB, it just goes back to my radio. Im sure once the cable is installed and somehting is actually hooked up to it, it will provide me with more options inside the USB menu.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Kiefdaddy89

Hey guys!

Long time since i gave you guys an update.

I just recently got the USB hookup running thorugh my glove box, and it works great! I hooked up my iPod to it and i wondered to myself, you guys were saying something about just dumping all my mp3s onto a flash drive and use it that way rather than using my puny 4 gig iPod. Would the voice command menu still be able to function if i just have a flash drive hooked up to it? How do i have to set up the files in the drive so that im able to still have it play in playlists? Or are play lists even feasable when it comes to putting songs on a flash drive; do i just dump all the mp3s on there?

I was just wondering if anyone has done this before...which im sure you have lol

Thanks again dudes

Quick Reply: 130S/RES new radio