2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Sun roof drain tubes leaking

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 PM
carlcottrill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sun roof drain tubes leaking

Last year, after a rain, my driver's side and front passenger carpet was soaking wet. I took it to dealer (Dick Scott Dodge, Plymouth, MI). They could not find problem. Two months later, same wet carpet. This time I marked where water was coming in from with blue painters tape. this time they diagnosed problem as factory installed 'flexible' drain tubes for sunroof being clogged. They replaced flex tubes with rigid tubes and said this would correct the problem. On July 3, 2013, my front passenger carpet soaked again. Took it back to dealer and told them that the water was coming from the same place as before when drain tubes clogged. After several days, they told me they could not duplicate problem. I told them they didn't need to duplicate as these were the exact same 'symptoms' as when drain tubes clogged. so, no fix. On July 16, 2013, after a previous days rain my passenger carpet is soaked again. apparently, Mother Nature was able to duplicate the problem that Dick Scott's technicians couldn't!!! Now I have carpeting that after 3 soakings needs to be replaced. Thank you Dick Scott Dodge for the opportunity to utilize other dealers for all my and extended family, friends and employees future car needs.

Quick Reply: Sun roof drain tubes leaking