2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2010 Dodge Avenger Doors

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Lytjan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Dodge Avenger Doors

Yesterday I made a quick stop on my way home and when I got back into my car the dash board is saying door as if there is a door open and the interior lights are staying on. When I got home I opened all the doors and made sure that they are shut well. This morning on my way to work it was still registering that there was a door open. I again stopped and opened and shut all the doors. I can't find where the door sensors are on it to make sure they are clear and working. It has also been cold here for most of the last couple months. Average highs around 15 degrees F, if even that most days. I'm not sure if the cold could play a factor but since this isn't a garaged vehicle the snow and cold do get to it.

My main questions are could this be temperature related? and where is the door sensor located so I can check that it is clear?

If you need any more info please ask. Thanks for your time!

Old 03-04-2014, 08:52 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Get portable heater and thaw out the door latches. The ajar switches are integral to the latches.

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Avenger Doors