2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 Avenger Starter Replacement

Old 02-09-2016, 08:54 AM
tbyrd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Avenger Starter Replacement

Dealer wants $790 to replace starter. I want to do myself and need steps to replace starter myself. Haven't been able to find anthing on starter replacement other than autozone. It seemed to generic. Any that can post info on where to start. Service advisor mentioned that intake had to be removed?

Old 02-10-2016, 03:53 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

If you can visually see the starter, it's just a matter of removing whatever is in your way to get to it and unbolt it (don't forget to disconnect the battery).

Old 02-14-2016, 01:25 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Intake removed? Always post your engine size, please. You'll get better responses.

If it's a 4 cylinder, you have to remove the throttle body and fish the starter out from under the intake. But NO, you do not have to remove it. That's BS. Don't dare pay them 800 bucks to do that !!

If you want procedures, there may be someone here who has a manual in PDF form, otherwise you can pay for a small subscription to ALLDATA or IDENTIFIX (my preference)

(Moved thread to correct section)

Last edited by TNtech; 02-14-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Avenger Starter Replacement