2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

P2016 Dodge Avenger 2008 / Mannifold Runner Position

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Julyberd Castro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2016 Dodge Avenger 2008 / Mannifold Runner Position

Hello,

I own a Dodge Avenger 2008, and I can't find a solution for the code P2016 (Intake Manifold Runner Position/ low circuit)

I bought the intake manifold runner valve but the code continue, than I change the battery of my car and solve a leak in the engine, but this code is on.

Can somebody explain how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for your time.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:58 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

What engine?

Old 05-19-2016, 12:23 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You have to replace the entire intake manifold. It is the feedback from the short runners that set the code, not the motor. The short runners ARE actually removable on that one, so you can TRY to clean it and it may work. We never do that in the shop because the labor costs more than the part so....

Old 05-20-2016, 12:26 AM
Julyberd Castro
Default P2016 dodge avenger 2008

Originally Posted by jkeaton
What engine?
is a 2.4, (4) cilinders

Old 05-20-2016, 07:36 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

If the valve did not fix it, then the intake manifold must be replaced. It is not repairable.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:17 PM
Julyberd Castro

Originally Posted by TNtech
You have to replace the entire intake manifold. It is the feedback from the short runners that set the code, not the motor. The short runners ARE actually removable on that one, so you can TRY to clean it and it may work. We never do that in the shop because the labor costs more than the part so....
l

Ok, Thanks!

Old 05-20-2016, 12:17 PM
Julyberd Castro

Originally Posted by jkeaton
If the valve did not fix it, then the intake manifold must be replaced. It is not repairable.
Thanks!

Old 05-05-2017, 08:15 PM
avenjeeperger
Amateur

Same problem here, I removed the intake and verified that the valves open and close freely. I replaced the actuator motor and the same codes are back. I have cleared the codes and they return. All parts are in working order yet the code persists. hey dodge tech person. will a reflash fix this or do I have to throw out a working manifold to make it go away?

Old 01-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Matt1984
Default P2016 Solved

Not to restart an old thread, but after dealing with this issue and not being willing to buy a brand new intake or risk a used one, wanted to post the fix.

After removing the intake, I found it very easy to remove the two torx bolts and then remove the two sections to the manifold runners.

I found heavy carbon deposits built up on both sections, so i soaked both of them in diesel fuel overnight and then took a stiff toothbrush to them, cleaning off all carbon. I also found that the end of the intermediary shaft which runs from the actuator to the flap assembly was somewhat loose, so i slightly pressed the open ends together with pliers to remove the slop this was causing. If you do this and break it, that's gonna be on you.

With everything cleaned up and fitting snugly, reassembled the intake and re-installed after cleaning the carbon deposits on the throttle body also, and have drove it three times with finally no return of the P2016 code

Good luck to anyone reading this, and hope it helps.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:40 AM
avenjeeperger
Amateur

I haven't take the runners apart but I have cleaned them and had it run well for about 2 weeks before it came back. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: P2016 Dodge Avenger 2008 / Mannifold Runner Position