2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

'11 Avenger ETC light after TB replace

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Rock339
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '11 Avenger ETC light after TB replace

Hey guys, having trouble with the ETC light on my dodge avenger. It's the express 2.4L. It'll randomly come on whenever I'm coasting or going uphill, and basically goes into limp mode. I lose all horsepower and have to pull over to shut it off and restart it.
Well yesterday I changed out the throttle body since that's pretty much the only repair I've found for the ETC light. And bout 30 minutes into a drive, it all happened again. And then 20 minutes later happened again.... so now I'm back to square one with a $250 part that I'm not sure if I even needed to purchase.
Any advice or recommendactions are greatly appreciated.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Rock339
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed.

Did the key dance (on-acc-on-acc-on) and looked into the codes that popped up. So after I replaced the throttle body, I figured out that I needed to replace the gas pedal because it has a throttle sensor on it. I got it off an 08 caliber (is interchangeable) from a pick and pull place for $6 (around $100 brand new)
and yes I tried the old TB worth the new pedal, still threw codes.
so at the end of the day, I had a new TB installed, and replaced the has pedal, then I disconnected the battery to erase the codes.... so far so good... will try to update father down the road.