2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Charging system low voltage

Old 11-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Nlpollard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging system low voltage

Hey everyone. First time poster. I have a 2008 Dodge avenger sxt 2.4. Almost a month ago my alternator completely detonated on the inside and fell to pieces. Got a new one (115amp) and changed them out and everything was ok for a couple of days. Then the battery light came on. I drive 30 miles to work everyday so I put it on a battery charger at night and it goes there and back fine. But when u go out at night to get food it only goes about 10 miles before it wants to die. I had it tested and it came back that the battery is fine (less than 1 yr old) and the starter is fine. The charging system came back low voltage (14.4 unloaded 12.4 loaded). I just checked the voltage between battery post with the car on and everything else off and it read 12.5 max 11.9 min. Last night I drive 5 min up the road and sat in drive through and went to the gas station after and it died at the gas station. After sitting for about 10 minutes it started back up and drive 5 min home with lights on just fine. I have made sure connections are tight and not corroded . I have been looking into new pcm (voltage regulator) fuseable link and new alternators but want some more feed back before I fix things that aren't broken. Thanks

Old 11-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Nlpollard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging system test

Search this Thread