2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Need help with P2004 code

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 11:51 AM
kylecurtis04
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help with P2004 code

I am new member on the forum, but have viewed threads for help through repairs. Need help chasing the ghost of a code P2004 in my 2009 Dodge Avenger 2.4L with 127,000 miles on it. What I have done so far is replace the intake manifold valve solenoid along with a new air filter (it needed one anyway) and that did not solve the issue. Then I took off the intake manifold and cleaned the runners along with the throttle body and put a new gasket on and that did not fix the problem. On top of this, the car has had the hesitation under loads of less than 3 RPM's. I am wondering if it is dirty fuel injectors, a bad MAP sensor or anything with the vacuum system. I checked all the hoses along the vacuum line I could see and saw no damage to those or the intake manifold body. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

The following users liked this post:
Noe Magana (02-03-2021)
Old 04-09-2018, 10:15 AM
kylecurtis04
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally figured this out. Hopefully this will help others that find themselves with the same code I had. Long story short, the runner control arm/bar was wore out and it had lateral movement. There should be ZERO lateral movement, you should not be able to move the runner flaps left or right. My old intake manifold had minimal movement, but it was movement nonetheless. The new intake manifold has absolutely zero movement.

Quick Reply: Need help with P2004 code