2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 Avenger SE - Cable Shifter Replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 10:14 AM
guapoman2000
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Avenger SE - Cable Shifter Replacement!

August 16th, 2018 Posting from my Facebook Page!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be prepared!

Especially those newer Avengers!

My 2008 Avenger with the 2,4 Liter Auto was observed having issues to start but, it was quickly realized that the car was NOT in PARK even though the Shift Selector on the Console showed in PARK.

I am so glad that I always use the Emergency Brake when I park all of my cars because as soon as I took off the emergency brake the Avenger started rolling!

I have checked and would you believe here's NO recall on this?

However, it seems that this POOR design is everywhere in lots of Dodge models! Unbelievable!

Why-O-Why did Dodge used a Plastic Bushing ONLY to secure the Transmission Cable to the Transmission selector Arm is your wild guess! Plastic Bushing - Securing device got brittle and broke off!

Here is how to FIX it the correct manner!

Last edited by guapoman2000; 02-17-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Avenger SE - Cable Shifter Replacement!