2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

trouble finding part

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 04:29 PM
tenenbaummax
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy trouble finding part

my mechanic tells me I need to replace a part soon on my 2008 Dodge Avenger (SXT, 2.7L). I don't know much about cars, but like driving my dodge very much and would like to keep doing so. Problem though is the part my mechanic says I need (5085096AD) is proving impossible to find and is out of stock everywhere I search because it's discontinued. It looks to be a shaft needed for the axle, but I don't completely understand its specific function honestly. I've found some other parts that seem similar, like 5085097AD and 44700227R, but I don't want to buy one without knowing it would work as a replacement part for me. Anyone have advice on finding this part, or a different that could substitute for it? I've also tried to find it on car-part.com because people have told me that's a good resource, but it doesn't let you search parts by number, only name, and the options it gives for part names for my car don't seem to quite match up to the part I'm looking for, so I'm really not sure what to do, and will be very sad if I have to sell this car for scrap just because I can't find a $200 part for it.

Last edited by tenenbaummax; 05-08-2024 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: trouble finding part