4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2009 problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:28 PM
RileyH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 problems

hey just wondering if anyone else has run into the same problems as i am facing.

1. the infamous unlock key fob issue, usually happens fairly rarely and i have now just accepted that its something i'll have to deal with forever

2. remote starter won't start my truck when its cold you know when you want it to work im talkin like minus 25-30 celcuis it will just flash the lights once instead of twice and do nothing, no message comes up on the evic, everything else works unlock, lock, and panic but the start won't even try to start just a simple headlight flash and it stops there.

3. Also recently my wiper blades have decided they can stop anywhere on the windshield once you turn them off, even when using the wash feature as soon as you let go of the button it will stop where it was in motion.

4. When cold frost seems to bother the back up sensors they go off either both sides of just one and remain in for a bit, making them pretty much usless sometimes it tells me to service back up sensors then it will go away i wiped some frost off them one day but that didn't seem to help maybe they are just frozen and fubar'd already

5. not really a problem but i HATE that i can't run my ipod through my ren stereo i guess i'll be paying a stupid amount more of money to dodge so i can have one more nice feature that they should not be screwing us for

bottom line is im quiet dissapointed with a 47,000 dollar truck that has since been out preformed but my room mates 42,000 dollar ford which not to mention has more features. I just can't wait for the next 5 years worth of actual problems i hope this is not a forecast of things to come.

Anyone experience similar problems or have them fixed i'm still waiting for 10,000 km for an oil change to take it into dodge to have them pretend to look at the problems and then say well it all seems fine for us.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:38 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why can't you run your ipod through the REN stereo? There's an input jack on the face to plug it in.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
HemiRAMV8
Professional

You paid $47,000?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:39 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by HemiRAMV8
You paid $47,000?
Since he's using KM for milage, that is probabally 47K canadian.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:46 PM
hemimike
Rookie

Originally Posted by RileyH
hey just wondering if anyone else has run into the same problems as i am facing.

1. the infamous unlock key fob issue, usually happens fairly rarely and i have now just accepted that its something i'll have to deal with forever

2. remote starter won't start my truck when its cold you know when you want it to work im talkin like minus 25-30 celcuis it will just flash the lights once instead of twice and do nothing, no message comes up on the evic, everything else works unlock, lock, and panic but the start won't even try to start just a simple headlight flash and it stops there.

3. Also recently my wiper blades have decided they can stop anywhere on the windshield once you turn them off, even when using the wash feature as soon as you let go of the button it will stop where it was in motion.

4. When cold frost seems to bother the back up sensors they go off either both sides of just one and remain in for a bit, making them pretty much usless sometimes it tells me to service back up sensors then it will go away i wiped some frost off them one day but that didn't seem to help maybe they are just frozen and fubar'd already

5. not really a problem but i HATE that i can't run my ipod through my ren stereo i guess i'll be paying a stupid amount more of money to dodge so i can have one more nice feature that they should not be screwing us for

bottom line is im quiet dissapointed with a 47,000 dollar truck that has since been out preformed but my room mates 42,000 dollar ford which not to mention has more features. I just can't wait for the next 5 years worth of actual problems i hope this is not a forecast of things to come.

Anyone experience similar problems or have them fixed i'm still waiting for 10,000 km for an oil change to take it into dodge to have them pretend to look at the problems and then say well it all seems fine for us.
I have experiened #2 + 4 but I also get a message to service park assist when # 4 happens.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:09 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker

Maybe the trucks just weren't designed properly for the bitter Canadian winters

Old 12-13-2009, 06:08 PM
09RAM4WD
Professional

#1 and #4 have happened to me, only problems ive ever had to me its nothing major

Old 12-13-2009, 06:49 PM
kxwhite
Professional

ya i have gotten use to pressing the unlock button until it opens up. and only once so far has my back up sensers acted up on me and that was just because i washed my truck and drove it in -35C. once i put it in my garage and warmed it up i havent had an issue with them. and it has been -40C all week here!

Old 12-13-2009, 06:51 PM
oyen24
Professional

I have also had problems with 1 and 4. And with this last snow and cold weather I have also experienced a problem with my wiper fluid freezing up. Don't know if I got a bad batch of fluid, but I am hoping to run it out and put some new stuff in.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:56 PM
HEMMY

yeah its been so cold up here lately, i've only had to deal with the key fob unlock, and the back up sensors, but it usually goes away..

Quick Reply: 2009 problems