2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

been fun. moved on to 2007 duramax.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 12:04 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sl2racer
haha didn't notice i posted it in the wrong section. i'm such a newb.

yes it is the 2007 classic 2500. i wanted one without the dpf and i'm more of a fan of the classic look anyways. did i mention it only has 92k miles and i after trade in of the dakota i was out the door $22,500 after tax tag title fees. they only gave me 5300 for the dakota. it had 122k on it and the typical pealing dodge paint on hood roof and fenders. also not that i give carfax any weight but it did show it was one owner truck , no accidents,and always a florida truck and work done at dealers.

did anyone have an answer to weather i am to call my sct tuner a unlocked tuner or not? i didn't see anywhere that says my specific vin when i was going through the tuner and since i returned my dakota back to stock i have all 3 tunes on the scanner.

also i will likely be on here still anyways. i have done a bunch of stuff to the dakota in past so i do have some knowledge and i like to help.
I dont think 5,300 is too bad for a trade in at a dealer. The sct tuner should be good to go as long as someone has the same year truck. I think sean has specific tunes for each computer depending what number is it. I know he asked me for mine when I got it. Best thing to do is call or email sean and ask him. He is usually pretty good about getting back to you the same day.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:37 PM
sl2racer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they tried to offer me only 4500. my bank told me before i went to get the new truck that black book on my truck for trade in is 7400 in good condition and 5500 in rough. so i should be in between that. this dealership used kbb which i have never seen a dealer do but kbb had my trade in lower ranges. i guess they use what ever suits them better. i asked for 6k and they came up to 4700. it went like this for a bit..i hate playing that game.

Quick Reply: been fun. moved on to 2007 duramax.