2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Need info on 1998 Dodge Dakota SLT ECM Rebuilders

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 01:45 PM
misfit_om
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need info on 1998 Dodge Dakota SLT ECM Rebuilders

1998 Dodge Dakota, SLT 5.2L 318. Auto Trans rear wheel dr. The absolute best truck I have ever owned!

About a year &1/2 ago, my Dakota started freaking out on the guages while driving. I did some research online and decided it was my voltage regulator which is controlled by the ECM (PCM). I simply bought one from Ebay as a used part. I swapped it out and drove it to the Dodge house to have it flashed with my VIN. The parts people tried to tell me it wouldn't run until I had it flashed... I had to explain to them 3 times before they understood that I drove it 30 miles to their shop unflashed...
Anyway, now it is starting to act up again. There is no pattern I can discern. Sometimes the speedo freaks out (up and down), sometimes just my RPM gauge, sometimes all instrument gauges, sometimes when my Cruise control is on, sometimes when its not...
Since this ECM is no longer produced new, I am trying to find the best place to get my baby's brain rebuilt. I am not too happy seeing the complaints on some of the websites that specialize in that area.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: Need info on 1998 Dodge Dakota SLT ECM Rebuilders