2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

What have I got here

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 08:59 PM
apcurry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have I got here

i am a proud new Dakota owner, picked this up for 2800 with 156k. I’ve already buffed the headlamps and am in the process of treating the clear coat failure. Anyway, ive found some codes in the glove compartment, I’m no expert but as far as I can tell I’ve got a 1997 dakota 4x4 sport. Apparently manufactured in Canada 🤷*♂️

If if any of you have info about these specs if got here I’d love to know!!.. dodge wouldn’t give me a build sheet.. but here’s what I do know

thanks all, andrew

Last edited by apcurry; 04-30-2018 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:10 AM
Skreelink
Veteran

From the info and pictures you provided.
1997 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4
5.2L V8 Magnum 318
44RE Automatic transmission
NP231 Heavy Duty Transfer Case
3.55:1 Axle ratio

Usually there's a sticker on the driver's door to show where it was manufactured, unless it's been removed or painted over. If it's a Canadian truck, the speedometer should be in KMH instead of MPH. As far as the build sheet goes, I couldn't use the automated thing. I contacted their live chat to get mine. They pasted it into the chat and I copied it.

Last edited by Skreelink; 04-30-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:18 PM
apcurry

Interesting. Door jam says made in Canada, and the sticker under the hood says it’s made to Canada requirements but my panel is all MPH dominant. Apparently my day time running lights are also a Canada thing according to the owners manual. I’ve got an interesting specimen here, maybe they swapped out the panel when they imported it.

Quick Reply: What have I got here