2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Newb Drivetrian Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007 | 05:55 PM
rscnole
Default Newb Drivetrian Questions

Hey sorry for thenewb questions...I just bought an 04 SLT quad cab 2wd. Its got the 4.7 V8 in it. Just wondering some of the specs on the drive train parts. i.e. mainly rear end...do all V8's get the 9.25 or is it an 8.25? What gear ratio should i expect? I think its got the towing package as it came with a full 3 point hitch. Also its an automatic, anyone know the specific tranny.

I'm mainly a jeep guy and i got this truck as my tow rig mainly but i don't think i can stand not to lift it so just wondering what all it has and what it will take if i do lift it and put some bigger meats on it.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2007 | 06:03 PM
f0x672
Champion
Default RE: Newb Drivetrian Questions

for the info on it check your glove box.. should be a general brief write up sheet for your truck... and there is plenty of lift kits out there for 2wd have fun with it.. hell its another mopar to take care of

Old 04-11-2007 | 06:17 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: Newb Drivetrian Questions

Welcome to the site! Call a dealer and they can give you an entire printout of your trucks options using your VIN number.

Quick Reply: Newb Drivetrian Questions