2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Whats causing this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:04 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Whats causing this problem?

check the little toggle switch for the dash lights it may be in the off position. as afr as the blinker going fast it is a burnt out bulb. the relay senses no power being taken from it so it has no were to go. hence blinks fast.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:36 AM
dak3.9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so today i got a new bulb frm A&A auto and replaced it. Now i got my turn signal and my brake light back. But, i still do not have my dash back. I checked my fuses, but i'm not sure which one to check. There are different ones like "console", Cluster 1", and cluster 2". Theres another one i am missing but i forget it. I checked them and they all seem good. Any suggestions?

Old 04-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dak3.9

Ok, so today i got a new bulb frm A&A auto and replaced it. Now i got my turn signal and my brake light back. But, i still do not have my dash back. I checked my fuses, but i'm not sure which one to check. There are different ones like "console", Cluster 1", and cluster 2". Theres another one i am missing but i forget it. I checked them and they all seem good. Any suggestions?
dash lights ans taillights work of the same circuit.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
dak3.9
Veteran

So that means they are on the same fuse? If so, my tail light and turn signal are working again, but my dash lights are still out. So if one fuse controls both, why would my tail light work and not my dash lights?

Old 04-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dak3.9

So that means they are on the same fuse? If so, my tail light and turn signal are working again, but my dash lights are still out. So if one fuse controls both, why would my tail light work and not my dash lights?
tail & dash are on the same circuit not the turn.
If your tails are working and not the dash it might be the ground to the dash or the dash dimmer

Quick Reply: Whats causing this problem?