2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Exhaust Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:16 AM
4x4kota
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Leak

So i got in my truck friday night to leave work and heard it start up and sound a little louder than normal. Pulled away and deffinatley new something was wrong. Heard a leak in the exhaust somewhere near the front half of the truck. Today on my lunch I narrowed it down to the "Y" pipe or crossover pipe. Right by the one o2 sensor, I believe it's at the joint of the 2 pipes coming off of the manifold, (at the Pre-cat?) i also tried to price a new y pipe out today (i work at canadian tire) and soo far my search turned up nothin because my trucks to new. It's an 01 with about 220,000 km's. Now im thinking that i have 3 possibilities.
1.) take the pipe off and get it welded
2.) try to get a new one from the stealer
3.)Headers and dual exhaust

Anyone have a similar problem? OR done similar work, eg headers for th 3.9? what did is cost you? Where can I get them, I'm having problems finding exhaust parts for our truck. also i nitived today that in our exhaust catalogue after i think it was 97 ot 98 they Y pipe was changed? Any info would help. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Leak