2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Throttle Body Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Megamanjs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Recommendation

Well i have had my 97 Dakota for a few months now, i had another thread on my wheel bearing replacement, thanks for all the assistance. Anyway now i am looking to get a few more ponies under the hood. It is a 3.9 with a supercharger on it pushing 6 ibs. Everything else is pretty much stock. I was just wondering what size throttle body to stick on it. I know most 3.9ers go for the 5.9 throttle body but i am looking for something a little more with the sc. Would a 52mm be to big? What about a 50mm? I am also opening up the exhaust to even it out some. From searching the posts i have also noticed that the TB Spacers are crap.? As anyone had any positive gains from them?

Old 04-30-2007, 03:30 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Throttle Body Recommendation

ok well if you have a s/c on a stock engine..

i would go with a 52 or 53mm TB, bigger enjectors to keep you from running lean, a set of headers and good flowing exhaust system.

TB Spacers only work on Carbed motors, but if you really want one i have a AEM spacer, i dont need, i was trying to get rid of it.Came with my CAI but didnt use it. Pay for shipping and ill send it to you. Like i said though only if you want it..

Old 04-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Megamanjs

Ya, I priced some headers, there expensive. I was going to put on 3 inch pipe from the y, remove the cat and run a flowmaster to the back. Do you think that will do till i can afford the headers? What size injectors come stock? thanks for the offer on the TB Spacer, i will have to do some research and i will get back to you.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Smyrldog4x4

It is a 3.9 with a supercharger on it pushing 6 ibs. Okay... H/o where the hell did u get a supercharger for your 3.9 i definetly would love one of thos babies, let me know.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Megamanjs

I actually bought the truck that way. It is a powerdyne. The only thing really different from all the centrifigul supers i have seen is the mounting bracket, which looks like it can be made fairly easy.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Recommendation