2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

just a couple questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:48 AM
98R/TDak
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a couple questions!

Hey, so im new just got a 98 R/T with 83,000 miles on it and not bad shape...had it only 4 weeks though and ive had to get something for the hydrolics that activate the ABS i think? i dunno the brake and ABS light on and was giving a code indicating somethin was wrong hydrolic wise and the stupid moron accused me of burning the tires even though this happened a day after i got it...oh and the flange gasket blew so it sounds like ***..

Anyways! 02 sensors... i know theres one before and one after the cat...but i see what it looks to be like 1 right after each exhaust manifold right after the flange fitting there..now everyone says to replace the ones by the cat....so are these 02 sensors? and if they are...should those be replaced as well if im getting possible simptoms of a bad 02 sensor?
And when i brake this does not occur all the time i can feel a vibration a bit on the pedal almost like the rotors warped or somethin but when i apply them hard it doesnt do it, and under light braking it happens a majority of the time but not ever single time if that makes sense...

thanks guys!

update i got pic of my truck..kinda crappy angle but ill get better ones in a little bit

[IMG]local://upfiles/61834/CE1F1B6DB79E4F7E8793964A3F137667.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2007, 01:18 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: just a couple questions!

Look at the tac and see if it looks like it is almost dieing. to like 500 rpm, then the truck seems to shake a lot. Also to make sure put it in neutral and see if it still does it. This is the exact problem I had. My cat was clogged.

Quick Reply: just a couple questions!