2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Best radiator additive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:56 AM
syllinx
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best radiator additive?

Since my radiator fan is out im wondering what the best radiator additive that Autozone sells would be? Since i live by one lol.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:04 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: Best radiator additive?

mmmmmk you dont needradiator additive... you need either a fan clutch if its you rengine fan that isnt working

or a relay for the electric fan or a new electric fan or a new thermostat.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:09 AM
syllinx
Veteran

Yea tomorrow when it quits freaking raining like the worlds ending here in dallas lol im gonna see if the fan is a new one if it is then ill try to find the relay and fuse for it cause im lost in that department. I was just told to get additive cause the fuel here is 10% ethanol and it needs to run colder.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:29 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: syllinx

Yea tomorrow when it quits freaking raining like the worlds ending here in dallas lol im gonna see if the fan is a new one if it is then ill try to find the relay and fuse for it cause im lost in that department. I was just told to get additive cause the fuel here is 10% ethanol and it needs to run colder.
hmm.. you live in Dallas? I live in Justin, By DFW.. well it is DFW.. but anyways, we have a Dakota Club that meets regulary once a month, and useally has get togethers at tracks and stuff. Check out http://www.DFWDakotas.comits a forum like this, alot of people that can asnwer some questions, and if youy need a new radi let us know we look around and know people who can hook us up.

Sorry to thread jack, just letting you know about the Little Club we have, we have about 10-12 r/t owners, some 4x4 daks, ect.. and some BB 1st gen daks.. that will smoke anything.. lol.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:04 AM
syllinx
Veteran

Lol well its just a stock 3.9 auto with no hp and just a honda air intake. almost all of the front is new except bushings and steering stuff cause of wreck. Radiator looks new but just so pissed about the electric fan not coming on when ac comes on, I know in summer it will overheat. Yea im close to mesquite on 635.

Quick Reply: Best radiator additive?